Membership & Information Officer
(Recruited by Intergraf)
Intergraf, the European federation for print and digital communication, is looking for a Membership & Information Officer.
Intergraf is the trade association representing the European printing industry, with 22 national printing federation members in 20 countries. Our main task is to promote and protect the interests of the printing industry by working with the European Institutions and related organisations. Intergraf also hosts the secretariat of FTA Europe, the European association representing the flexographic printing industry.
We offer an exciting role combining membership services, communications, project coordination and event management in a small international team.
Skills and qualifications (essential):
– Very strong written and verbal English skills, ability to explain sometimes complex technical issues in simple language
– Organised and able to meet deadlines
– Good administrative skills
– Self-driven and able to work autonomously
– Enthusiastic and flexible approach
– Good interpersonal skills
– Educated to degree level (for instance in Communications or European Affairs)
Skills and qualifications (desirable):
– Dutch language skills
– Experience of web editing (WordPress)
– Experience using desktop publishing software (InDesign; Microsoft Publisher)
Experience and knowledge required:
– Experience in organisation of events or communications
– Some experience in project coordination duties
– International exposure
– A basic understanding of the EU
Association Management for FTA Europe:
– Day to day activities of FTA Europe including member communication, meeting arrangements, minutes and follow-up activities
– Supporting all other activities of FTA Europe, this may include EU Projects, workshops, conferences, European Flexo Awards etc.,
– Liaising with the members of FTA Europe and helping in recruiting new members
Monitoring of packaging related issues:
– Monitoring issues related to flexo printing, packaging and intelligent packaging, as well as industrial and digital printing and related actions (drafting of letters/factsheets/policy papers, reports, presentations and general materials)
– Develop relations with other associations in the field of packaging, industrial printing and digital printing and security printing
– Liaising with the Policy Advisor and the Secretary General for lobbying actions
Information Activities for Intergraf and FTA Europe:
– Being responsible for the communication on topics related to flexo printing, packaging and intelligent packaging as well as industrial and digital printing
– Presenting at events if required (Intergraf events, FTA Europe events)
– Researching for, drafting of and publishing the FTA Europe Newsletter
– Updating the website of FTA Europe in cooperation with the FTA Europe members
– Contributing with ideas to Intergraf’s and FTA Europe’s publications and information activities
– Contribute to the organisation of events for Intergraf and FTA Europe, including sponsor and speaker management
The position is full-time, starting from January or February 2019. The post includes some travel opportunities.
The working language is English.
To apply, please send a cover letter stating how you fit to the job profile, accompanied by your CV and salary expectations.
Please send your application by post to Beatrice Klose, Intergraf, Avenue Louise 130A, 1050 Brussels, or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning “Membership & Information Officer” in the subject line. The deadline for applications is 30 November 2018. Please note that we might begin the selection process before this date.
We regret that due to the large number of applications we expect to receive; only short-listed candidates will be contacted.